If you’re a first time buyer, save up £200 a month towards your first home with a Help to Buy ISA and the government will boost your savings by 25%. That’s a £50 bonus for every£200 you save. You can receive a bonus of up to £3,000.
- you can make an initial deposit of £1,000 when you open the account in addition to normal monthly savings
- there is no minimum monthly deposit-but you can save up to £200 a month
- only available to individuals who are 16 and over
- the bonus is available to first time buyers purchasing UK properties
- the bonus will be paid when you buy your first home
- if you save £12,000 the government bonus will boost your total savings to £15,000